Best Finger Picks 2018 Reviews: Finger Picks are the picks you can wear on your fingertips or fingernails. The purpose of wearing Finger Picks and Thumb Picks is to play a String Instrument for long time without hurting your fingers. When you play a Guitar or Banjo for hours, you will find your fingers are painful and sometimes the fingernails get cut or broken off because of their accident with Strings.
Finger Picks are helpful to play a String Instrument continuously with same attack on strings. There are many different Finger Picks are available in market i.e. Metal & Stainless Steel Finger Picks, Plastic Finger Picks, Acrylic Finger Picks and some others. You need to choose the Finger Picks which are suitable for you and the type of sound you want to create on your Musical Instrument.
- What are Finger Picks?
- Types of Finger Picks and Thumb Picks by Material
- what to check before Buying Finger Picks
- 10 Best Finger Picks Reviews 2018
- 1 Tone Deaf Music Stainless Steel Metal Finger Picks
- 2 Dunlop 9020TP Shell Plastic Finger & Thumb Picks
- 3 National NP1-8B Thumb & Finger Picks
- 4 Dunlop 33P.018 Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks
- 5 National Bluegrass Finger Picks
- 6 Planet Waves Finger Picks
- 7 National NP-2-4PK Finger Picks
- 8 Stagg FPS-M Finger Picks
- 9 ChromaCast 4 Finger 1 Thumb Pick Pack
- 10 Alaska Pik Finger Guitar Pick
- Who can Use the Finger Picks?
- Benefits of Finger Picks
What are Finger Picks?
Finger Picks are type of materials which are wearable on fingers at the time of playing a musical instrument with strings.
Types of Finger Picks and Thumb Picks by Material
When we consider the Build Material of Finger Picks and Thumb Picks, we can divide them in four different types as follows:
- Stainless Steel & Metal Finger Picks
- Celluloid or Plastic Finger Picks
- Acrylic Finger Picks
- Finger Picks made from any Other Material
what to check before Buying Finger Picks
When you want to buy A Set of Finger Picks and Thumb Picks, you should check all important details are them. Because the Finger Picks are not for occasional purpose, you are going to use them every time you play your musical instrument. Here we provide Some Important Points you should consider while Buying Finger Picks and Thumb Picks.
Material: The Material of Finger Picks is very important, because it will help you produce good sound from the instrument. The Plastic Finger Picks will create one type of sound, while the Metal Finger Picks will create some other type of sound. Therefore, you need to decide what type of sound you want to create, only then you can reach to the decision to Buy Metal Finger Picks or Plastic Finger Picks or Acrylic Finger Picks.
Compatible for your Musical Instrument: Most Brands provide Finger Picks which support almost all the String Instruments, but Some Brands Finger Picks support limited instruments only. Therefore, you must check if the Finger Picks, you have chosen, are compatible with your Musical Instrument.
Size of Finger Picks: Many Finger Picks run smaller than others and if you get Small Finger Picks, they won’t fit on your fingers. Therefore, you should verify the Size carefully at the time of buying the Finger Picks to avoid arising size problems later. The Size of the Finger Picks should be comfortable enough to fit your fingers easily and gripping enough to stay on your finger as long as you are playing the instrument.
10 Best Finger Picks Reviews 2018
Out of All Available Finger Picks in market, following are the Top 10 Finger Picks mentioned as under:
Each of the 10 Best Finger Picks can be described in details as follows:
Tone Deaf Music Stainless Steel Metal Finger Picks are hard wearing and lightweight finger picks. These Finger Picks come with Strings so that you feel comfortable and keep control on Finger Picks while playing the instrument. You can wear them for hours without any problem like skin irritation or itching due to sweat on fingers.
The Tone Deaf Music Finger Picks are fully adjustable, therefore it can fit on all finger sizes. In order to get perfect fitting on small, medium or large finger, you need to bend the Metal Collar of Finger Picks. The Stainless Steel and Metal make the Finger Picks long lasting and usable for years.
Features of Tone Deaf Music Stainless Steel Metal Finger Picks:
- Made with Stainless Steel and Metal.
- Hard Wearing and Lightweight Finger Picks.
- Added String for Extra Control.
- Three (3) Metal Finger Picks are included in the Pack.
- Compatible with Acoustic Guitar and Banjo.
- Open Design and Fully Adjustable Finger Picks.
Pros and Cons of Tone Deaf Music Stainless Steel Metal Finger Picks:
Tone Deaf Music Stainless Steel Metal Finger Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Come with Lifetime RTB Warranty against manufacturing faults.
- Completely Adjustable with Bending Metal Collar to fit Small, Medium and Large Finger Sizes.
- Ideal Finger Picks for Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Dobro, Resonator and many more.
- Easy to Wear, Easy to Use and Easy to Remove Finger Picks.
- Finger Picks are Too Small to Wear and Hard to be Familiar with them.
- Does Not work well on Wound Strings.
Dunlop 9020TP Shell Plastic Finger & Thumb Picks are useful to play any musical instrument with strings. There are three finger picks and one thumb pick for you. The Dunlop 9020TP Finger Picks are available in all finger sizes, so they will easily fit to your fingers and thumb when you wear them.
There is no risk of damaging your Guitar, Banjo or any other instrument, because the Dunlop 9020TP Finger Picks are made of Plastic. These Plastic Finger Picks and Thumb Pick will be smooth on Instrument Strings and will give the player a warm tonal response. When you play your Classical/Acoustic Guitar with Dunlop Plastic Finger Picks, you will feel more control on your player.
Features of Dunlop 9020TP Shell Plastic Finger & Thumb Picks:
- Plastic Finger Picks and Thumb Pick.
- Compatible with All Musical Instruments which have Strings to Play.
- Three Large Finger Picks and One Large Thumb Pick included in pack.
- Shell Colored Plastic Finger Picks with White Logo of Dunlop Brand.
Pros and Cons of Dunlop 9020TP Shell Plastic Finger & Thumb Picks:
Dunlop 9020TP Shell Plastic Finger & Thumb Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Plastic Finger Picks give the Player a Warn Tonal Response and Increased Control.
- Looks Amazing on Hands with Combined Colors and Dunlop Logo.
- No Metal, Plastic Finger Picks make your Player Strings Safe from Damage.
- No Hassle in Wearing, Adjustable Fitting with Small, Medium and Large Finger Sizes.
- Even Large Ones run Smaller in Size, Really Tough to Wear.
- Uncomfortable to wear for longtime due to Tight Fitting on Fingers.
National NP1-8B Thumb & Finger Picks are one of the most desirable finger picks. If you want to have an Artistic Experience while Playing your Instrument, you must try National NP1-8B Finger Picks. These Thumb and Finger Picks are made by National to improve your Guitar Playing Experience and make creative tunes to ultimately affect the listeners.
The Finger Picks and Thumb Picks are come in a Set of Four i.e. Three Finger Picks and One Thumb Pick, but National NP1-8B provides Four Finger Picks and Two Thumb Picks. In case you lose one of them, you can use the other and continue your musical event or program. With Nation Finger Picks, you will feel the Most Enjoyable Sound Quality on All Instruments.
Features of National NP1-8B Thumb & Finger Picks:
- Most Desirable Finger Picks and Thumb Picks.
- Ability to provide Creative Sound and give Amazing Musical Experience.
- Finger Picks are made of Stainless Steel which makes them durable for long term use.
- One Extra Thumb Pick and One Extra Finger Pick provided as complimentary.
Pros and Cons of National NP1-8B Thumb & Finger Picks:
National NP1-8B Thumb & Finger Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Ergonomically Designed for Player Comfort.
- Best Finger Picks for a Higher Level of Music Making.
- Very Popular in Current Generation People because the Finger Picks are Stylish and Durable.
- Suitable for Guitars, Resos, Banjos and Other Instruments.
- Thumb Picks are made of Plastic and therefore they are Not as Strong as the Stainless Steel Finger Picks.
- It is Hard to bend the shape of the Ring as per your need.
Dunlop 33P.018 Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks are the most appreciated finger picks. The Dunlop Finger and Thumb Picks are well known for their efficiency. Many Professional Artists are using Dunlop Nickel Silver Finger Picks to play their Guitar and Other Musical Instruments on regular basis.
The Dunlop Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks work out as per their standards and your requirement. That is why these Finger Picks are trusted by several guitarists and musicians. With a Mesh of Silver and Stainless Steel Material, the Dunlop 33P.018 Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks are very strong and durable for routine use.
Features of Dunlop 33P.018 Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks:
- Stainless Steel Finger Picks in the Attractive Silver Color.
- Three Different Styles for Finger and Thumb Picks.
- Beautiful Finger Picks with Silver Mesh and Stainless Steel Surface.
- Very Efficient and Long Lasting Finger and Thumb Picks.
Pros and Cons of Dunlop 33P.018 Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks:
Dunlop 33P.018 Nickel Silver Finger & Thumb Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Best Quality Finger Picks have become Choice of Music Professionals.
- Available in Various Sizes from 0.013 to 0.025 to fit your fingers with complete comfort.
- Provide a Bright and Classic Sound when you play your guitar with these Finger Picks.
- Works Great with various instruments like Acoustic Guitar, Pedal Steel, Resonator and Banjo.
- Some users find the Finger Picks too big and awkward, perhaps they ordered the wrong size.
- Actual Finger Picks do Not look same as displayed in picture.
National Bluegrass Finger Picks are one of the most popular items at Ant Hill Music. In this pack, you will get Four Finger Picks and Two Thumb Picks. National Bluegrass Finger Picks are ideal for banjo and other instruments. The National Finger Picks are made of Stainless Steel with Metal Build Quality which is very strong to long term use.
National Bluegrass Finger Picks provides Strong Finger Picks, Thumb Picks and One Ant Hill Music Flat-pick. So the National Finger Picks are the Best Finger Picks and Thumb Picks at a reasonable price. These Finger Picks will help to give you a wonderful music experience when you start using them on playing your favorite musical instrument.
Features of National Bluegrass Finger Picks:
- Branded Finger Picks made by National.
- Two Thumb Picks provided for your convenience.
- One Free Ant Hill Music Flat-pick is included in Pack.
- Strong Metal and Stainless Steel make the Finger Picks Durable and Long lasting.
Pros and Cons of National Bluegrass Finger Picks:
National Bluegrass Finger Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Most Popular Finger Picks with Strong Build Quality.
- Metal Finger Picks for Long Time and Repeated Use.
- Adjustable Medium Size Finger Picks and Thumb Picks.
- Ideal to Use for Banjo Bluegrass and many other instruments.
- Thumb Picks are made of Plastic and therefore they are Not So Strong.
- Some Users say, “There is No National Logo provided on Finger Picks.”
Planet Waves Finger Picks are premium quality finger picks made by D’Addario. These Finger Picks are Ideal to generate Fat Tone on Guitar, Banjo, Lap Steel and many others. In order to get a Warm Tonal Experience on your favorite musical instrument, you should try Planet Waves Finger Picks in your rehearsal.
The Planet Waves Finger Picks are designed the way to give you natural feel on your guitar or banjo. The Celluloid Material and Large Size allow the Planet Waves Finger Picks to easily fit your fingers. These Finger Picks are available in various gauges, so you can choose them as per your requirement.
Features of Planet Waves Finger Picks:
- Premium Quality Celluloid Finger Picks.
- Five Large Finger Picks with Attractive Planet Waves Logo.
- Provide Natural and Warm Feel on All Musical Instruments.
- Beautiful Shell Colored Finger Picks.
Pros and Cons of Planet Waves Finger Picks:
Planet Waves Finger Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- The Celluloid Finger Picks can Create a Tone which a Metal Ones Can’t.
- Provide Natural Feel and Complete Comfort for Hours.
- Available in Multiple Gauges to Fit your Finger Size.
- Offer Consistency and Durability together.
- Celluloid is a kind of Plastic, so the Fingers Picks are Not as Strong as Metal Ones.
- Have Size Issue, Even Large Sized Finger Picks are Very Tight on Fingers of Some Users.
National NP-2-4PK Finger Picks are the Original Vintage Metal Finger Picks. National is the leading brand for Finger Picks and Thumb Picks for more than 80 years. Many Guitarists and Musicians prefer to use National Finger Picks for their practice at home as well as on their Stage Shows. These Finger Picks are Banjo Player’s Go to Picks since the year 1930.
The National NP-2-4PK Finger Picks are ideal for Banjo and Other Instruments. These finest nickel silver finger picks are styled and shaped the way to fit your fingers easily and last for long time with regular use. As per company’s opinion, there is No Greater Brand in the Market and there is No Higher Quality available as against National Finger Picks.
Features of National NP-2-4PK Finger Picks:
- Long Wearing and Finest Nickel Silver Finger Picks.
- Just the Right Gauge bends easily to Conform your Finger.
- Stylish Metal Finger Picks by National, a Highly Experienced Industry in Finger and Thumb Picks.
- Finest Finger Picks in Pack of 4 (Four), which are Made in USA.
Pros and Cons of National NP-2-4PK Finger Picks:
National NP-2-4PK Finger Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Long Wearing and Durable Finger Picks.
- Made with Strong Metal to last for Lifetime with Repeated Use.
- Correctly Styled and Shaped Finger Picks for Comfortable Experience.
- In list of Banjo Player’s “Go to” Picks for generation after generation.
- The Finger Wrappings are Not Bell-Mouthed.
- Metal keeps digging into skin while playing a guitar, but it may be the fitting issue with some people.
- Some Users complain that these Finger Picks don’t make clear crisp sound on acoustic guitar as they should.
Stagg FPS-M Finger Picks comes with a Complete Package of Four Finger Picks and One Thumb Pick. The Stagg Variety Finger Picks provide you ability to play great sound on your musical instrument. With help of FPS-M Stagg Finger Picks, you can play a Guitar, Banjo and relevant instruments of your choice.
With Great Finger Picking Technique and Adjustable Size, the Stagg Finger Picks give you an amazing experience. When you wear the Stagg Finger Picks on your Fingers and Thumb, you will feel comfortable as long as you are wearing them. The Stagg company provides Tortoise Colored, Synthetic Finger Picks for consistent and long lasting use.
Features of Stagg FPS-M Finger Picks:
- Stagg Finger Picks Offer Variety to Play with Either Pick Style.
- Works Great for Finger Picking Technique on Guitar and Banjo Instruments.
- From Rehearsal at Home to Performing on Stage Show, the Stagg Finger Picks are your Best Companion.
- Stagg Thumb and Finger Picks in Tortoise Color look awesome on your fingers.
Pros and Cons of Stagg FPS-M Finger Picks:
Stagg FPS-M Finger Picks has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Best Quality Finger Picks to wear Pick Style and Still Create Great Sound.
- Ideal and Works Effectively on Guitar, Banjo and Other Instruments.
- Fully Adjustable Finger Picks of Medium Size which can easily Fit on All Normal Human Fingers.
- Stagg Finger Picks offer Warranty against any Manufacturing Defects, in such case, you need to contact relevant Stagg Authority.
- Made of Plastic, therefore Not So Strong and Durable as Metal Finger Picks.
- Thumb Pick is fine, but Finger Picks are flimsy i.e. Slip from the Fingers.
ChromaCast 4 Finger 1 Thumb Pick Pack is value for money you pay to buy the Finger Picks. Within a reasonable price, ChromaCast provides Four Finger Picks and One Thumb Pick. Both the Thumb and Finger Picks are made from the Highest Quality Celluloid. Therefore, these Finger and Thumb Picks will work well for long time.
ChromaCast Finger Picks are designed to provide stunning performance and impressive durability even after hours of playing. You can use the ChromaCast Finger Picks on your Guitar and many other instruments to Create Wonderful Sound in a Music Concert or Stage Show. These Finger and Thumb Picks provide consistent tone with minimal wear for long period of time.
Features of ChromaCast 4 Finger 1 Thumb Pick Pack:
- Available in Two Different Sizes for Perfect Fitting on your Fingers.
- Match your Dress or Guitar with Two Different Colors Black and Shell with ChromaCast Logo.
- Total Pack of Five Picks, Four Finger Picks and One Thumb Pick.
- Made with Best and High Quality Celluloid Material.
Pros and Cons of ChromaCast 4 Finger 1 Thumb Pick Pack:
ChromaCast 4 Finger 1 Thumb Pick Pack has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Impressive durability even after hour of playing guitar.
- Whenever you play an instrument with ChromaCast Finger Picks, you get Consistent Tone and Minimal Wear.
- ChromaCast offer you Two Choices of Color and Two Choices of Size as per your need and convenience.
- Provide a Natural Feel and Warm Tone every time.
- Run Smaller in Size, therefore the Large Finger Picks should be considered as Medium and the Medium as Small.
- Made of Celluloid i.e. Plastic, therefore they are Not as Strong as the Metal and Stainless Steel.
- Some Users have Fitting Issue, because each finger is of different size & thickness, while all finger picks are of same size.
Alaska Pik Finger Guitar Picks are an amazing finger pick that fits over your fingernail. As shown in the above picture, Alaska Finger Picks are quite different than other Finger Picks we have discussed earlier. When you play your Guitar wearing these Alaska Pik Finger Picks, you will feel as if you are plying the Guitar and Hitting the Strings with your Fully Grown Fingernails.
Alaska Pik Finger Picks are Customizable Acrylic Guitar Picks which slip onto your fingers and act like the Fingernail Extensions. The Brilliant Design of Alaska Pik Finger Picks provide the intimate string tough same as your original fingernail, but the Finger Picks do Not harm your fingernails even if you keep wearing them for hours and play your Guitar for long time.
Features of Alaska Pik Finger Guitar Pick:
- Unique Type of Finger Picks that fit over the finger, under the Fingernail.
- Available in Four Different Sizes i.e. Small – for children, petite women, Medium – for women, smaller men, Large – for average to large men, and extra large – for very big fingers, thumbs.
- Brilliant Design to provide exact same feeling as you get while playing an instrument with your Real Fingernails.
- No Pain, No Cutting the Nail, Completely Safe Finger Picks for your Fingernails.
Pros and Cons of Alaska Pik Finger Guitar Pick:
Alaska Pik Finger Guitar Pick has some Pros and Cons as under:
- Similar to the Skin Color which makes the Finger Picks unrecognizable on your fingers by other people.
- Space age clear acrylic material can be manicured (shaped) to precise length.
- Perfect for All Types of Instruments with Strings like Classical Guitar, Flamenco, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukelele and Harp.
- Best Finger Picks to get exact tone and feel as your fingernails.
- You have to Trim the Finger Picks first to adjust and fit them on your Fingers and Fingernails.
- Alaska Finger Picks are Not for you if you have Short Fingernails or Don’t have the Fingernails.
Who can Use the Finger Picks?
Finger Picks and Thumb Picks look very fashionable, but they are not for wearing with fashion purpose. The Finger Picks are useful to play a Musical Instrument containing strings. If you are a Musician, Guitarist, or Banjo Player, you should buy the Finger Picks and Thumb Picks. In case you are aspiring to be a Guitarist, still you can buy the Finger Picks to practice of playing your guitar with finger picks and become an Expert Guitarist in future.
Benefits of Finger Picks
Finger Picks and Thumb Picks are very useful to Guitarist, Banjo Players and Other Musicians who play One of the String Instruments. Here we will discuss about Some Key Benefits and Advantages of Using Finger Picks as under:
>No Worry for Growing Nails
In order to play a string instrument with real fingers, you need to grow your fingernails. In addition, you have to take care of your nails and shape them well to play with good attack on the instrument. This activity requires a lot of attention on day to day basis which is not possible for all the people. Therefore they choose to Get Finger Picks and Play their Guitar/Instrument beautifully without growing real fingernails.
>No More Hurt on Fingers & Nails
As a Musician, you can play a Guitar or Banjo Player for a few minutes or maximum one hour with real fingernails. But when you need to play for long time and that too with high intensity, you need a break or support to keep playing it in same rhythm. Furthermore, you need to play the Instrument very carefully that the strings don’t hurt your fingers or fingernails, otherwise the intensity may be down and the rhythm will be broken. To avoid such circumstances, you should Use the Finger Picks to Play your Guitar or Other String Instrument for long time with same intensity and enthusiasm.
All the information mentioned above about Top 10 Best Finger Picks Reviews are true and fair as per our knowledge and research. In case you have a query about any of the Finger Picks and Thumb Picks Features, Pros and Cons shared here, kindly visit Amazon.Com or log on to Official Website of respective Finger Picks Brand.